GECC is currently operating at 100% capacity under a COVID safe plan.
We ask that you do not attend if you have returned from overseas or a COVID-19 Hotspot in the last 14 days, have cold or flu like symptoms, have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
For contact tracing purposes we are using the Check In Qld app and encourage all patrons to download the app and fill in their details and those of their guests prior to visiting.
Alternatively you can register your visit at GECC below
Privacy Statement: Gladstone Regional Council is collecting your personal information for the purposes of COVID-19 contact tracing. Your information will only be accessed by authorised Council employees and may be released to State and Federal Health Authorities and public health officials. Your information will not be given to any other person or agency unless you have given us permission or we are required by law. This document is subject to the provisions of the Information Privacy Act 2009, Right to Information Act 2009 and the Public Records Act 2002.
Staying Safe at the GECC
To allow us to bring you great events and experiences in a safe way, we all need to follow the COVID Safe measures put in place by the Queensland Government.
All events at GECC will follow Queensland Government Stage 5 COVID guidelines. If patrons do not comply with protocols, or authorised requests, they will be asked to leave immediately without refund or further recourse.
If you are unwell, please refrain from attending events at GECC.
Please refer to GECC’s Terms and Conditions, which have been updated to include COVID -19 conditions
- Purchase together, to be together – Seating will be provided for your ticket purchase group, you cannot change or move seats.
- Maintain Social Distancing – Keep 1.5mtrs apart from others where possible
- Contactless payment – We encourage contactless payment for all purchases made at GECC
- Have your ticket ready – When you enter the venue, please have your ticket ready on your phone or your print at home ticket
- Follow instructions from venue staff – So we can ensure an enjoyable experience for all
We understand there are situations where you may not be able to maintain social distancing. It is recommended that you have a mask available so that if you find yourself in one of those situations, you have additional protection.
Additional Measures in place at the GECC
We’ve implemented the below measures to keep our venue clean, hygienic and safe for you to enjoy.
- Access doors remain open and contactless
- Physical signs throughout the venue to remind patrons of COVID safe practises
- Contactless payment options at Box office and Bar
- Occupancy monitors installed in the venue to ensure safe capacities within GECC
- Air conditioning system supplies fresh air into all public spaces
- Print at home tickets or use your phone to display tickets
- Ticket scanning upon entry (contactless)
- Hand sanitiser stations placed throughout the venue
- Increased cleaning of toilets during events
- GECC Staff trained in additional hygiene practises
Please note; additional measures may be in place for certain events. In these instances, GECC will communicate this information prior to ticket purchasing.
More information regarding our COVID safe measures can be found online in the COVID safe plan for Queensland’s Live performance Venues / Theatres.
GECC has been monitoring and responding appropriately regarding the ongoing Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, with our priority being the safety of the community and our people.
The following performances have been cancelled or rescheduled in response to the COVID-19 health emergency.
- World of Musicals – 5 May – Postponed to 2 June 2021
- Celtic Illusion – 29 May – Postponed to 27 September 2021
- The Tap Pack – 19 June – Postponed to 18 June 2021
- Jimeoin – 26 June– Postponed to 26 June 2021
- Leaving Jackson – 10 July – Postponed to 9 July 2021