GLADSTONE ENTERTAINMENT CONVENTION CENTRE: TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre (“GECC”) provides venue and ticketing services, including the sale and distribution of tickets, as agent for the organisation, promoter or person responsible for holding the relevant event (“the Seller”).
In purchasing a ticket for an event (including a performance or concert), you agree to be bound by the following Terms & Conditions. The Terms & Conditions apply to both the original purchaser and any subsequent ticketholders (collectively “you”).
- Seller may impose additional Terms & Conditions
Each ticket is sold subject to any additional Terms & Conditions of the Seller for the particular event (“Seller’s Terms”).
GECC acts as an agent for the Seller in the sale of all tickets. Except as specified in these Terms and Conditions, all claims in connection with tickets or events are the sole responsibility of the Seller and, except to the extent required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), GECC otherwise has no liability to you.
GECC reserves the following rights:
- Right to varying these Terms & Conditions
GECC reserves the rights to vary these Terms & Conditions at any time by updating them. Any variations to these Terms & Conditions will only apply to ticket purchases made after these Terms & Conditions have been updated.
- Right to make changes to event/venue
GECC reserves the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements and audience capacity.
During Covid-19, GECC reserves the right to seat you and other ticketholders whose tickets were purchased by you separately in order to comply with social distancing requirements.
- Right to retain discretion regarding seating requests
GECC reserves the right to deny specific seating requests.
- Right to cancel tickets for ticketing errors
GECC reserves the rights to cancel any tickets issued as a result of any system or human error and will issue a refund for any tickets issued in error to you.
A booking fee, as set out in Council’s Schedule of Fees & Charges will apply to each ticket.
GECC may charge a fee, equivalent to the booking fee outlined within clause 4.1, for the replacement of lost, stolen, misplaced or forgotten tickets. Proof of purchase, together with corresponding photographic identification, issued by a Government or Education Institution, must be presented by you on the request of GECC staff to enable GECC to issue the replacement ticket. GECC reserves the right not to replace lost, stolen or misplaced tickets.
In order to purchase tickets, during Covid-19, you must supply the contact details for all ticketholders, including full names, mobile numbers and residential addresses for contact tracing purposes.
- Collection and delivery of tickets
You must allow adequate time for collection or delivery of tickets. Methods of collection and/or delivery will be available when choosing your collection/delivery details or on the GECC website. Tickets must be collected by the original purchaser. GECC may change the delivery or collection mode at its discretion.
During Covid-19, tickets will:
- be issued in digital format only;
- be sent to the original purchaser only and not to individual ticketholders; and
- will not be available for collection from or printing by the Box Office, you are expected to have bring your with you, in printed or digitally accessible form.
When purchasing tickets for a particular event you may be limited to a specified number of tickets. If you exceed the stated ticket limit, you may have any or all of your tickets cancelled without notice from GECC, at the sole discretion of GECC. For clarity, this includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information. Ticket limits apply to ensure fair access to tickets, and as a measure to minimise ticket scalping.
- Resale of tickets and scalping
Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of GECC and the Seller, be:
- Resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction or other unauthorised resale sites); or
- Used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions); or
- Used to enhance the demand for other goods or services.
If a ticket is sold or used in breach of clause 8.1, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the ticketholder of the ticket may be refused admission. GECC will use reasonable efforts to notify you of such action.
The resale of tickets in certain circumstances is governed by ticket sales legislation and may attract criminal penalties.
- Authenticity and validity of tickets
Entry to an event may be refused if the authenticity or validity of a ticket is, in the view of GECC, questionable, including because the ticket has been damaged or defaced in any way, or has not been purchased from GECC.
Your admission to an event is subject to the following:
- You may be denied entry into, or may be removed from, a venue/event where GECC or the Seller has reasonable grounds to do so, including if you are intoxicated, under the influence of illicit drugs, inappropriately attired, adversely affecting the enjoyment of the event by others or do not meet the age requirements for an event.
- You may not be permitted to take into the event, or use, cameras or other photographic or audio/video recording equipment (including mobile phones). Unauthorised use of these devices may result in your eviction from the theatre Auditorium.
- You may be required to submit to a search of your person and/or possessions before entering the venue/event.
- You must follow the instructions of GECC staff and volunteers.
- If you are under the age of 15, you must be accompanied by an adult.
- You must comply with all social distancing and health protocols during Covid-19.
- You must comply with any dress code specified for the event.
- You consent to any images or recordings containing your personal information or personal information of your children for the purposes of the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) which are captured at an event or within the GECC venue being included in any publications, promotional and marketing material (including in videos, catalogues, magazines, newspaper articles, brochures and social media and on Council’s website). If you do not wish for your personal information to be included within promotional material, please advise GECC staff.
- You consent to your personal information being included in a marketing database and to receive marketing emails from GECC. If you do not wish for your personal information to be included within the GECC database, please advise GECC staff.
- You understand that GECC is not liable for any lost items and reserve the right to check identity on collection of lost items.
Failure to comply with any of the admission conditions outlined in this clause 10.1(i) to (vii) may result in your removal or eviction from the event and/or venue without refund. If you are removed or evicted from the event and/or venue, you relinquish any further claims against GECC related to your removal or eviction.
- You must present your ticket, including any ticket barcode for inspection and scanning upon entry to the event. If you are unable to produce a valid ticket to the event, admission may not be permitted.
- Where you have purchased a concession ticket (including a student ticket), you must present your concession card for inspection by GECC staff or volunteers where requested. If you are unable to present your concession card, you will be charged the full admission price for the ticket prior to being permitted entry to the event, or otherwise refused entry to the event.
- Where you have purchased a ticket for an event which is age limited, you must present photographic identification with proof of age issued by a Government or Education Institution, for example a drivers licence or a Student Card. If you are unable to present your photographic identification, you will be refused entry to the event.
If you arrive late to the event, you may not be admitted until a suitable break in the event, determined at the sole discretion of GECC staff or volunteers.
You acknowledge that while GECC has taken all reasonable health and safety precautions to ensure the health and safety of ticketholders admitted to the venue and all events, you and any ticketholders enter the venue and/or event at your own risk without recourse or claim against GECC for any loss, damages, injury, illness or death.
- Refunds, changes and exchanges
- No refunds, changes and exchanges
Refunds, changes and exchanges are not available in relation to any ticket purchased, except as required by law or as otherwise specified by the Seller.
- Booking fee is non-refundable
The booking fee charged pursuant to clause 4.1 is not refundable.
Notwithstanding clause 11.1, during Covid-19, wherein GECC, may, in its sole discretion, elect to refund tickets purchased in the circumstances described below and upon the provision of satisfactory evidence:
|Where you are experiencing flu-like symptoms and advise GECC prior to the event.
||Medical Certificate confirming that you were experiencing flu like symptoms at the time of the event.
For clarity, clause 11.2 is not affected by this clause 11.3.
Where an event is cancelled due to a pandemic, Commonwealth or State government decree, an act of God, industrial disturbance, act of public enemy, war, international blockade, public riot, lightning, flood, earthquake, fire, storm or other physical material restraint, or for any other cause beyond the GECC’s control, there is no right of refund or exchange, and no obligation is assured by GECC for the arranging of a substitute event.
Except as otherwise outlined in these Terms & Conditions, Gladstone Regional Council is collecting your personal information for the purposes of processing your booking. The information will only be accessed by authorised council employees. Your information will be not be given to any other person or agency unless you have given us permission, or we are required by law.
During Covid-19, your contact information and the contact information of any ticketholder provided in accordance with clause 5 may be supplied to Queensland Health, Queensland Police Service and/or Council’s Environmental Health Officers and you consent to such release of information.